I need some expert advice regarding my home wireless network and my smart tv...Samsung. Specifically, the Samsung is no longer connecting to the network. It can find the network, but not connect. This happened when we opened up this Spring. It worked fine last Summer - Fall.
Here is the set-up:
Arris modem - firmware updated automatically through cable company
Netgear wireless router - N600 dual band - firmware updated
Samsung television with Smart Hub - UN50EH5300 1080p 60Hz LED 2012 model - purchased in 2014
What I've tried:
- reset modem
- reset router
- reset television (mute 182) to factory settings
- turned off modem, router, television and turned back on in that order
- entered IP settings automatically into television
- entered IP settings manually into television
- manually entered 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 for DNS setting
- updated router firmware
- Updated television firmware via USB thumb drive
- used Netgear Genie to enter information
- shortened internet password (alpha-numeric)
What I get:
The exact error I get:"Wireless network connection failed. Cannot connect to the Network. Try the following: Check security key on wireless router, and check if IP id set correctly in 'IP Settings'. Turn off wireless router and turn back on again."
Other devices (iPhones, iPads, iPods, MacBook Pro) can connect to the network with no issue. I would try to connect the ethernet cable directly to the television, but it's currently impossible with how things are set up. Ugh.
Any (reasonable) suggestions are welcome and appreciated! I've already thought about throwing the damn tv into the lake, but thought better of it. I've scoured the internet and tried many of the suggestions I found, but had absolutely no luck. I was on hold with Samsung for 32 minutes and gave up.